Five Reasons Why You Should Do A Yoga Workshop
- Alignment and technique. Often times alignment and technique are skipped over in class because the focus is on the flow. There simply isn’t enough time to get down to the details.
- Shift your awareness. You already know that stepping out of your comfort zone to try a new teacher or class can inspire a fresh perspective. The intensive focus of a workshop will answer questions you didn’t even know you had, and help you feel established in a yoga lifestyle. Building strength and stamina isn’t just physical—focusing on yoga for an entire afternoon or throughout a weekend also shifts your awareness, training you to sustain a yogic perspective on and off the mat.
- Renew your commitment. Stepping out of a comfortable routine can help you appreciate your practice all over again. Especially good times to shake things up are seasonal shifts, holidays, birthdays or whenever you need renewed energy and a fiercer focus on your practice.
- Neuroplasticity. A fancy word for pattern formation in the brain. As you learn how to do poses in an integrated way, your brain is rewiring itself. Over time, you can say, “Wow, it feels completely different this way!”
- Dip your toes into teacher training. A longer workshop can help you decide whether or not you’re ready for the big plunge, teacher training. Breathe Workshops encompass a variety of activities along with teachings about alignment, anatomy and yoga philosophy. Will this ignite something inside you? Will there be a new fire lit for a yearning to go further? Our current Winter Session for Yoga Teacher Training is underway with a group of dedicated students under the guidance of our Director Christine Felstead, this session filled up quickly and our Summer YTT Intensive is sure to as well. If this is something that interests you a Workshop is a great way to get a taste. More information of Breathe Yoga Teacher Training can be found here.