Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training
A 40 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM with
MONICA CORDES, Canada’s leading authority on Seniors Yoga &
OLGA DANILEVICH, founder of Yoga Dance for Seniors.
Yoga Teachers & Teachers in Training &
Professionals working with Seniors
Learning to teach yoga to seniors safely and mindfully is becoming an increasingly important skill in the yoga teaching world.
As our population ages steadfastly, understanding the common physical and mental issues and having the qualifications to teach yoga to this large segment of our population will provide yoga teachers with a unique and very rewarding niche. Health practitioners and others working with seniors will also highly benefit from this training.
“I really feel as a whole the training was very organized, very useful information, especially for first time chair yoga experience but even for some with experience.”
|“Enjoyed most the joy and enthusiasm of the teaching team and their obvious interest in teaching the essence of yoga for seniors.”|
Read an interview with Monica Cordes on Teaching Yoga to Seniors here
Module 1: MARCH 27-29, 2015
- discussion of major senior health challenges such as Osteoporosis and Diabetes
- posture modification to accommodate older adults
- integrating a theme into a Seniors Yoga class
- pranayama appropriate for seniors
- practices to enhance brain function
- teaching All Levels and Chair Yoga Classes
- Fundamentals of Chair Yoga Dance for Seniors
- specialty classes: Yoga for Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis
- visualizations and meditation
Module 2: APRIL 17-19, 2015
Pre-requisite: Module 1
- teach a therapeutic class geared to older adults with greater mobility and health challenges
- Yoga for Cardiac Rehab & COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease)
- fundamentals of teaching Chair Yoga Dance to Seniors
- examination of scientific research and data
- Yoga for Dementia/Alzheimer
- teaching in non-studio settings such as in bed (hospital or home) and wheelchairs
- spiritual practices that support a senior population
- practices to enhance brain function
- creating your own Chair Yoga sequence
- Marketing to Seniors
TEACHING CERTIFICATE awarded to Yoga Teachers and Teachers in Training upon completion of this 40 hour program (20 hours applicable towards Yoga Alliance CEUs upon completion of each part). CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION issued to Professionals who work with Seniors. Module 2 can be taken at a later date.
This course can be used towards 500 hour certification.
Monica Cordes is a Yoga Alliance certified 500-hour professional level yoga instructor, with teacher training in Kripalu Yoga and Integrative Yoga Therapy. She leads Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training programs in Canada. Monica has been deeply engaged in the practice and study of yoga for the past 30 years and took a special interest in teaching a gentle practice specifically geared to the senior population. She believes that yoga has many benefits for this population segment, as in addition to its health benefits, yoga helps seniors navigate the challenging transitions that come with this stage of life providing an opportunity for great spiritual growth.
Olga Danilevich is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher and founder of Open Heart Yoga. Twenty years ago she met her spiritual teacher in India and has been on a teaching path since then. Her desire to use yoga as a healing tool lead her to pursue several therapeutic teacher training programs, including Yoga for Seniors, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy and Yoga Dance for Special Populations. Her love for dance and desire to use it as a therapeutic tool for seniors inspired her to create an innovative chair yoga dance program, which has all the elements of a structured yoga class, but everything (except for meditation and relaxation) is done while dancing. Olga believes that music and dance can immediately connect us with our inner joy, which is our true nature.
|Module 1 March 27-29, 2015
LOCATION: This workshop will be held at MINDFUL BODY WORKS STUDIO (just 10 mins from Breathe)
|Module 2 April 17-19, 2015
LOCATION: This workshop will be held at MINDFUL BODYWORKS STUDIO (just 10 mins from Breathe)
|$425 +hst||Register Here|
Friday, Mar 27 6pm – 9:30pm
Saturday, Mar 28 8:30am – 6pm
Sunday, Mar 29 8:30am – 5:30pm
Friday, Apr 17 6pm – 9:30pm
Saturday, Apr 18 8:30am – 6pm
Sunday, Apr 19 8:30am – 5:30pm
Join us at Breathe Yoga Studio for excellence in teachers and classes.
- Yoga Teacher Training Jan2015
- Yoga for Seniors Teacher Training
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- PreNatal Teacher Training
- Mastering Sequencing
- Summer Certification Program
- old page structur teacher training